Monday, February 05, 2007

Enough Sniping and Vituperation: Now for some prayer

Ever since he broke news of "the letter", I have been scanning Rocco Palmo's blog, Whispers in the Loggia, daily.

There hasn't been any whispering about the "realignment" of the Archdiocese of New York, but in today's post, "Deus, in adiutorium meum (et suum) intende....," Mr. Palmo discusses his regard for the Liturgy of the Hours and his history (erratic) of keeping it.

I procrastinated from this practice because it seemed more complex than the human genome project. I got so bogged down in what to read when, that I left the volumes, which I, too, received as a gift, in the box.

Mr. Palmo's post contains a link to Universalis.com. This site presents the day's readings in a forthright, "read this now" manner that eliminates all laborious preliminaries. It is a work in progress, so it does not yet contain all of the readings, but it contains all of the readings for which I have time. The on-line presentation also makes it easy to access the readings inconspicuously at one's desk.

Thank you, Rocco Palmo.

No comments: