Wednesday, January 27, 2010

St. Vincent's Hospital is Endangered

Today as I got my morning jolt of reality from WNYC, I heard that St. Vincent's Hospital as we know it is endangered. The New York Post, in its inimitable style, covers this item in today's article, Prayin' for St. Vinny's. This piece is subtitled "Bishop Leads Fight."

Many Our Lady of Vilnius parishioners receive their care from St. Vincent's, and several compare the quality of care favorably to the higher profile uptown medical centers.

In this fight, we are on the Archbishop's side.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would not be alive if it were not for the care I received at St. Vincent's Hospital.
Our wonderful poet, Edna St. Vincent Millay received her middle name because her uncle's life was saved at St. Vincent's. It is a hospital founded by valiant Catholic women - the Sisters of Charity and it is an important part of New York City history - as well as playing a vital role in the AIDS crisis of the 1980s.