Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Demolition Worker Killed on Site of St. George's Church, Shenandoah, PA

John Usalis' piece in today's "Standard Speaker,"County man killed in fall at St. George describes a fatal fall that took the life of John Martz and injured his co-worker, Anthony Webb.

A quote from parishioner Charles Vascavage:

""I'm a parishioner and I've been here every day since they started," Vascavage said, who has come to know the workers doing the demolition.

"These guys are like friends to us," Vascavage said. "I'm very sorry that this happened. I'm going to pray for this man for the rest of my life. We told them all that we wished them no ill will. This is almost like a family member getting hurt."

Let us pray for the soul of John Martz, the restoration to health of John Webb and for everyone touched by this tragedy. Like Charles Vascavage, for the rest of our lives.

No comments: