God has created me to do some definite service.
God has committed some work to me which has not been committed to another.
I have my mission. I am linked in a chain, a bond of connection between persons.
I have not been created for nothing; I shall be an angel of peace.
Whatever, wherever I am, I can never be thrown away.
If I am in sickness, my sickness will serve God;
if I am in sorrow, my sorrow will serve.
God does nothing in vain and knows what all is about.
Therefore I will trust….
Leading up to the beatification, Fr. Joseph Komonchak at dotCommonweal blog provided an excellent series of posts under the title "Newmania":
- Newmania I
- Newmania 2: The Method of Personation
- Newmania 3: Rules for bloggers?
- Newmania 4: Proud of Our Humility
- Newmania 5: Self-Knowledge
- Newmania 6: Hiding the Church's Beauty
- Newmania 7: "Vivisection practised by Him on me"
- Newmania 8: "Christianity and Scientific Investigation"
- Newmania 9: "Divine calls"
- Newmania 10: "A link in a chain"
- Newmania 11: "A particular Providence"
- Newmania 12: Original Sin
- Newmania 13: The ventures of faith
- Newmania 14: The self-wise inquirer
- Newmania 15: Regular prayer
- Newmania 16: The two sons
- Newmania 17: Conscience and its counterfeit