Friday, October 22, 2021

RIP Donald Tangredi (1943-2021)

 

These are my cousins, Richard and Donald Tangredi.  Richard is the big one dressed as a cowboy and Donald, his little brother, is looking up at him.  They are standing in front of the garage behind the house where I grew up.  

Their mother, Rosie, was my father's sister who died giving birth to Donald.  I never had the privilege of meeting her.  Family lore describes her as smart, playing the violin, being a great baker and ready with a fast comeback.  I have no pictures, but people tell me that she resembled my cousin, Marilyn, and Donald's daughter Sarah.

I never had much contact with Donald, especially later in his life.  He was always pleasant, but there was an ill concealed urge to squirm away.

He was a part of my family, my half-Lithuanian heritage, and I am sad that he is no longer with me on this earth.

No comments: