Sunday, September 09, 2007

APB Out for Missing Rutas!

"Don't it always seem to go, you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone... "

Joni Mitchell, "Big Yellow Taxi"

Up until a few weeks ago, I never heard of "rutas". It wasn't until Rita, not Ruta, began stroking it and saying that it needed water that the untidy plant in the cement container pervaded my consciousness.

Today Rita raised the alarum that the "rutas" was missing! Indeed the cement containers had migrated further down the block (quite a feat considering their heft!) and no longer held the beloved and esteemed rutas.

I did a fast search and learned that this is a very potent and desirable herb. The first page that I found, The Ruta Page, recounts a ruta theft.

I am appealing to the public to let us know what has happened to our ruta! All tips and leads will be kept confidential.

No comments: