We joined hundreds in praying the rosary in 6 languages as the procession snaked through lower Manhattan, stopping in front of St. Theresa's, St. Joseph's and St. James to join parishioners of those churches in prayer.
The parish of Our lady of Vilnius was founded by Father Sestokas at St. Theresa's, above. Early "Ausros Vartu" parishioners attended Mass in the basement of this church for five years, 1905 to 1910, until the church on Broome Street.
We were happy to pray before the birthplace of our parish, to represent our organization and to honor our Patroness and commemorate her Assumption.
We are grateful to the parishioners of Transfiguration for their kindness and warm welcome. We offer an Our Lady of Vilnius "Valio!" to Father Nobiletti for the wonderful work he continues to do in this inspiring parish.