Featured Post

Help Keep St Mary's Standing - Write to Yonkers City Council Members in Support of the Landmark Application

St. Mary's Church is already a landmark to anyone who has spent any time in Yonkers, but to make sure that it continues to stand and ins...

Friday, June 28, 2024

Students St. Barnabas High School in the Bronx Shocked by Sudden Announcement of Closing

When I was a little girl attending St. Frances of Rome in the Bronx, I aspired to attend St. Barnabas High School for girls.  It had high academic standards that we all aspired to meet.  As fate had it I was happily ensconced in Mark Twain Junior High School when it was time for the cooperative exam and opted to continue in the public school system of Yonkers.

Even though I am now old, the news that the alma mater of so many friends, relatives and classmates was closing rocked my world.

Read and watch on Channel 12:  Students shocked after Saint Barnabas HS announces sudden closure

No comments: