Thursday, January 18, 2007

Realignment Outcome Being Announced

At 2:31 PM today I received an urgent e-mail from one of the trustees of Saint Stanislaus Kostka Parish. It announced an emergency meeting at 7:30 PM at the St. Matthew Rectory.

I Googled the news and found an item entitled Archdiocese to announce parish realignment in the "Times Herald-Record".

The brief item stated "The Archdiocese of New York is expected to announce the long-awaited final decisions on its realignment plan tomorrow. Some local pastors whose churches could be affected by the plan were aware of the pending announcement but said they still hadn't been told of their parishes' fate."

In the Spring I had learned that St. Stanislaus Kostka was placed on the list for closure from "Journal News" reporter Gary Stern, who had phoned me for my reaction.

I wonder what St. Stan's parish Administrator will tell us this evening? I'll let you know.

I hope that there will be no news about Our Lady of Vilnius Parish, because it was not included on the original realignment list, nor was it accorded the procedures associated with the publicized reconfiguration process.

No comments: